Like the work produced by the Master Builders of centuries past, this project is a direct result of the Architect’s re-insertion into the building design process and the method by which the project is constructed. This project is a Recycled Steel Shipping Container based building that also employs a combination of conventional stick frame construction and prefabricated assemblies. These materials result in an end product that is affordable and nearly indestructable. The modified containers are mold proof, fire proof, termite proof, structurally superior to wood framing and along with various other “components” come together to create a system/kit of parts that is predicated on cost savings, construction timesavings, and energy/environmentally conscious priorities. Seventy percent of the building is efficiently created/assembled in a controlled shop environment where quality construction and fabrication are the highest priority. This project has been published and exhibited internationally and has given birth to a pre-fab shipping container based residential product line called Logical Homes.
- Amazing Pre Fab And Shipping Container Hotels (idiotyouth.wordpress.com)
- Video Interlude: Watch a Pre-Fab House Pop Up on Old-School Fishers Island (curbed.com)
- Shipping Containers — A Retreat on the Cheap, by Frederic W. (survivalblog.com)
- New container home design thinks outside the box – CNN (edition.cnn.com)
- Five High-Concept Houses You Might Actually Want to Live in (apartmenttherapy.com)